Investments for SMEs
The business environment is encouraged through various grants, from the European Union or the Romanian Government, to develop activities in specific interest fields such as: investments in technology or R&D investments.
A SME (Small and medium sized enterprise) is an entity that meets cumulatively the following conditions:
- has an annual average number of employees lower than 250;
- has an annual net turnover up to 50 million euro, correspondent in lei, or holds total assets that do not exceed the equivalent in lei of 43 million euro, according to the last approved financial statements.
Funding for SMEs is ensured through the following programs:
- Competitiveness Operational Programme 2014-2020 (COP) continues the investments of the Sectorial Operational Programme Increasing Economic Competitiveness 2007-2013, and has a total financial allocation of almost 1,3 billion euro, financing mainly investments in R&D sector.
- Regional Operational Programme 2014-2020 (ROP) continues the programme with the same name from 2007-2013 programming period, has a total financial allocation of almost 8,25 billion euro, and supports investments mainly in equipment/constructions.
- Large Infrastructure Operational Programme 2014-2020 (LIOP) covers the two programmes from 2007-2013 programming period (Transport and Environment), has a total financial allocation for the 2014-2020 programming period of almost 11,6 billion euro and SMEs can use it to fund their investments in energy and energetic efficiency.
⇒ To help you, we grouped according to your needs the financing opportunities within COP, ROP, LIOP for SMEs under the following areas (click on the category you are interested in):
- Investments in equipment and construction
- Investments in R&D
- Investments in energy
- Know-how transfer
For detailed information regarding: eligibility of your project idea, calendar of the calls, preparing the financing application, project management, team training and more other opportunities please contact us or send the contact form.