Grants for new work places – launch in March 2016
January 20, 2016
The Ministry of Public Finance estimates the launch of a new session for project proposals through state aid scheme for the creation of new work places (GD 332/2014) in March 2016.
We remind you of the most important details of this financing opportunity:
Eligible applicants are companies (large and SMEs), including start-ups, from all economic sectors, except companies activating in areas such as: aquaculture, primary production, processing and marketing of agricultural products, steel, shipbuilding, production of synthetic fibers, transportation and energetic sectors and all sectors listed in Annex 1 to GD 332/2014.
The investment must meet the following conditions:
- it must be considered an initial investment: setting up of a new unit, expanding an existing unit, unit production diversification or fundamental change to the production process;
- leads to the creation of at least 10 new work places, out of which at least 3 for disadvantaged workers, for each investment location;
Eligible expenses: total salary costs related to the new work places created as a result of an initial investment, up to the average national income, calculated for 2 consecutive years.
The grant awarded is differentiated according to the implementation region:
- up to 15 % in the Bucharest Region;
- up to 35 % in the West and Ilfov Regions;
- up to 50 % in North West, Center, North East, South East, South Muntenia, South West Oltenia Regions;
The annual budget for this scheme is 450 million lei.
In case the budget allocated for the estimated March session is not spent, another session is estimated to be launched in July 2016.